Stop Fraud Before it HappensWe want to keep your personal information personal as much as you do. Mail checks directly from the Post Office or USPS Drop Off to prevent fraudsters from stealing your check information from your mailbox. Keep your passwords to yourself and check your Online Banking frequently for unusual activity.
Follow these steps to keep your accounts and information safe:
Set up alerts in your Online Banking to protect your accounts
- Log into your online banking (either on a desktop computer or through the browser on your mobile device)
- Click on Create Alert
- In the drop-down of Alert Type, choose which alert you want sent to you. Some examples include account balance above/below amounts, check/draft cleared over amount, loan payment due, and deposit over amount.
- Once you make your decision on what you want to receive an alert about, choose the account you want the alert to pertain to (savings, check, loan, etc.)
- Next, choose how you would like to receive this alert. Choose between an email or a text to your mobile phone.
- If you choose an alert to your mobile phone, you will have a few more steps to set up. Please jump to step 9.
- If you have set up your mobile device in online banking already, click the Mobile Number box and jump to step 6.
- Once you have filled in all the information, hit Review.
- Then click Save Alert
- CONGRATS! You are set up to receive alerts to your email about your account!
- To set up your mobile number in your online banking, click on the Question Mark under the Mobile Device section OR click the Mobile button at the top right of your online banking (next to the envelope icon)
- There will be an option to click on the words “mobile number” (highlighted in blue). Click on this.
- You should see Services & Devices in the SMS Services section. There will be a button that says “Add Mobile Device”. Click on that.
- Enter phone number
- You should receive an activation code via text. Type in that activation code. If you do not receive the code, click on “Click Here” on the Activate Mobile Device page.
- Once your phone number has been activated with your online banking, you will need to click the SMS Alerts box to be able to set up alerts. Then click Save Changes.
- Now, click on Accounts at the top of your online banking.
- Jump back to step 2 to set up an alert.
Click HERE to enroll in Text Fraud Monitoring. With Centricity Credit Union fraud monitoring, keeping your card safe is as easy as sending a text. Our text alert service allows you to instantly keep tabs on suspicious card activity. With text fraud alerts, if our system detects suspicious activity on your card, you’ll receive a text message with details about the suspected transaction. All you have to do is respond to the text to confirm the transaction. If you indicate the transaction is fraud, you’ll receive another message with a number to call for follow-up. If not, you’re all set. The system will mark the transaction as legitimate and you can get on with your day – simple as that.
Click HERE to keep up to date on common scams and ways to keep your information safe!
Don't miss our next financial hack
Get useful checklists and financial hacks right into your inbox, weekly. Subscribe to the Centricity Newsletter.