- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the viewfinder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. (Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.)
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking the photos of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- Make sure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Don't miss our next financial hack
Get useful checklists and financial hacks right into your inbox, weekly. Subscribe to the Centricity Newsletter.