Managing your time wiselyWe all want to know how to make the most of the time we have to get all of our projects done. If that’s at work, home, or volunteering, we all have a lot to do. The best way to make sure you get your projects done correctly on time, is to plan your time down to the details so you focus on what needs to get done. Here’s how we get things done at HFCU:
- Declutter – may seem simple, but if your desk or work area is messy, you won’t be able to focus. Clean everything off with just the items or papers that you need for that work day. This also works in your inbox and your life.
- Plan – put together a plan of how you are going to attack projects. A checklist makes you feel accomplished, especially when everything is checked off.
- Prioritize – along with your plan, make sure that you prioritize the important items at the top that need to be done sooner than the rest.
- Be effective – ever heard of the tortoise and the hare? Your work load is very similar. It’s not a race, so make sure to do things effectively instead of quickly just to get it done.
- Finish the job – give yourself an end of project task. Your final goal for the project. Make sure that once you are done with the project that it coincides with your final goal.
Don't miss our next financial hack
Get useful checklists and financial hacks right into your inbox, weekly. Subscribe to the Centricity Newsletter.